Monday, May 16, 2011

Kids Clothes Week Challenge Ends

Last week was filled with fun sewing. It was especially fun because I knew others around the world were doing the challenge with me. Kids Clothes Week Challenge ended yesterday and I finished up the week with a skirt for my smallest. The fabric is Nest by Valori Wells and is left over from the Birdie Sling I made a while back. The skirt started out with the main top fabric and then I thought it would be too short for my daughter to get much use out of it. I added the orange coordinating fabric to add some length and think it makes the skirt pop. I love it. It's a tad long right now, but she will get tons wear out of. (She already sported it at church.)


Making sure our plants are growing.

See what I mean about the length.
This skirt was very quick to assemble. I used the Simple Skirt tutorial by Dana over at MADE. I didn't make it as full as the tutorial suggests, just because my daughter is so petite I didn't want the skirt to swallow her.  I definitely make more of these skirts in the future. All I need to do is stock up on elastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment