Friday, May 27, 2011

Upcoming Projects

Does anyone remember me mentioning that I have yet to make my daughter her first birthday quilt? Last month I was shopping around for fabric to back my mom's quilt with and came across a really cute pattern. The pattern is a basic 9 patch, but it has a really cute appliqué owl on top.  I've yet to try appliqué, but am super excited about this quilt and the pieces aren't that small, so I should be okay. The pattern is Remember Whooo' Loves You by Acorn Quilt & Gift Company.  I chose to use green and pink for the main colors with a white/rose for the background. The the main pieces have been cut and I'm ready to start piecing!

2.5" strips, 5" x 1.5-3" rectangles (for the border), & 6.5" squares


The other project coming up is the Family Reunion Dress Pattern by Oliver + S. The company mentioned that Above All Fabric is hosting a family reunion dress sew-a-long. Perfect. I can sew-a-long with others and have someone to ask questions if I have any. The sew-a-long starts June 13th if you want to get a copy of the pattern and join us.

This weekend I'm headed to Joann's for some basic supplies and their $1 Simplicity Pattern sale. Wonder what I'll come home with this time!?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment