Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Easy Peasy = Beautiful

Who ever said quilting had to be tough or time consuming? Not me! I appreciate intricate patterns as much as the next person, but I don't feel it's a requirement for a great quilt. Fabric is just as important as design (more about fabric blunders to come.) A few Christmases ago I was given a gift card to a local quilt shop and decided it was time to make a quilt for myself. I quickly fell in love with Roman Holiday by 3 Sisters for Moda. Just my style! I had the perfect pattern, Just Can't Cut It by All Washed Up that would make a fabulous quilt, while still having the blocks large enough to showcase the fabric.

The quilt top pieced quickly and remarkably accurate, if I recall. I thought that this quilt deserved more than "stitching in the ditch" (which is the only quilting I know how to do accurately) so I found a great lady to quilt it for me. She has a long arm quilting machine and can quilt simple to fancy patterns. I opted for an all over floral motif. I was very pleased with the quilting and love my quilt. This will be a pattern I use again.


The quilt measures 63" x 87"
I found a great paisley for the back.
The quilting detail is hard to see in the photos, so just take my work for it...It's beautiful. Do you create a lot of items for yourself or for others? What is the one thing you had to make for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment