Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New Fabric

Have you ever heard that whatever you're doing on New Year's Day is what you'll be doing for the rest of the year? Well, this year I was shopping for fabric on New Year's Day! It's going to be a good year. I didn't necessarily go to find something specific, but found a couple of pieces I was drawn to. The first one is a green corduroy.

I love corduroy and this green really pops to me. I think it will be really cute as a pencil skirt with slanted pockets, perhaps with button accents. I have two possible patterns. One I bought the same day, thinking I'd use it, but then I found a more straight pencil skirt on ebay.  Which pattern do you like?
Pattern I bought with fabric. I'd choose option C.

Pattern I found on ebay. I'd choose option A.
The other piece of fabric I found is a type of suede, I think. (Perhaps when I buy fabric I need to take note on what kind of fabric it is and how to care for it!) I bought enough to make a dress, but now think it will be too much as a dress. Now I'm thinking a flowing skirt or a nice jacket. Any other ideas of what type of garment this fabric would make fabulous?












I was going to give you a peek on what I'm currently working on, but forgot to take a picture while the camera was out. You'll just have to check back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment