Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mug Rug/Snack Mat



I've been wanting to make a mug rug for a few months now. There are tons of examples and tutorials on how to make one. I used the Ziggity mug rug tutorial from John found at Sew, Mama, Sew. I loved how this looked and how the quilting outlined each fabric. I used scraps in blue and yellow to make the front. The back was made from pieces that were left over from a purse project. This tutorial made a quick and cute mug rug, but in the end I think it's a little big for me. It measures 12.5" x 6.5." I'll definitely make more of these in the future (but smaller). If a celebration is in your near future, you have been warned :)

I wanted a main square so the mug would have a designated spot.
The back. I love these blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment