Monday, June 13, 2011

The Intrepid Thread

I've always wanted to join a quilting guild and finally told myself, now is the time to find one and do it! I found a great guild, Bay Area Modern Quilt Guild that meets about 30 minutes away from where I live. (You may think that this is too far to drive for a meeting, but I grew up in the country and this is the usual time for getting anywhere you want to go.) The meeting was so much fun and all of the ladies were fantastic. One of the ladies, Julie, even went to the international quilt market in Salt Lake City, UT and told us all about it. Julie was able to attend because she owns a fabric store, The Intrepid Thread. I knew I had to check out her fabric store, because she's a local (and I love supporting local businesses) and she was totally cool, so I knew she would have great fabric. My instincts were right! The Intrepid Thread has great fabric and it's at great prices. (Seriously, the cheapest I've seen online or in a brick & mortar.) And if that doesn't make you want to head right over and browse her selection, hearing about her customer service will. I had a few questions about some of the pieces I was interested in and Julie replied quickly and offered suggestions. She quickly made a special listing for me and even offered to bring me the fabric (since we live close to each other). I had it the next day! The package was beautifully wrapped with a little thank you note. It's really nice when someone takes the effort to make you feel appreciated. So, if you are looking for a new store with great prices and customer service head over to The Intrepid Thread and tell Julie, Jessica sent you :) Oh, she has a blog too.


This is not a paid advertisement, I just wanted to share a great store with y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment