Thursday, April 28, 2011

Snuggler

Before my daughter was born I picked up the book Simple Sewing for Baby: 24 Easy Projects for Newborns to Toddlers by Lotta Jansdotter. The projects are really cute and simple. It is a great book for a beginning sewer who would like to make a few gifts for friends.  Although my son didn't care for swaddling I thought my daughter would be different. I also didn't want the hassle of getting all of the tucks and folds on the blanket just right for swaddling to be effective. And if I made her a cute snuggler, she'd just have to use it right!? Wrong. She was in it right after I made it to take pictures and then possibly one other time. Oh, well. Moving on....

Doesn't this bear look so cozy?


I absolutely love this snuggler. I fell in love with the outer fabric right away, 100% cotton, (and even made a dress for my daughter out of it that didn't turn out as hoped) and knew I was going to use minky for the inside. The pattern and directions were great. This was the first time I sewed darts, so I had to watch a couple of youtube videos to make sure I was doing it right. Overall it was a fun project.


Now for the good news! This snuggler is for sale! It makes me sad that someone isn't getting any use out of this wonderful snuggler. This will make a great gift for fall and winter babies. The length of the pocket measures 20 inches and the pocket width measures 11 inch. The outer fabric is 100% cotton and the inside is super soft dot minky in black, 100% polyester. To see a baby in the snuggler click here.

Snuggler is $35.00 plus shipping. Send me an email if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment